Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sage Counsel

In her 2001 book, RED, Passion and Patience in the Desert, Terry Tempest Williams writes:


Red: Passion and Patience in the DesertThe eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time.  They are kneeling with hands clasped that we might act with restraint, that we might leave room for the life that is destined to come.  To protect what is wild is to protect what is gentle.  Perhaps the wildness we fear is the pause between our own heartbeats, the silent space that says we live only by grace.  Wilderness lives by this same grace.  Wild mercy is in our hands.


I just needed to share.

6 comments:

Di said...

Good thoughts!

Kimberly Mason said...

Powerful. Just. Effing. Powerful. Thank you for sharing it.

Kimberly Mason said...

I'm sorry. I'm not sure semi-swearing is appropriate, but I'm just so overwhelmed and disgusted by this latest oil spill disaster. :((( Brings out strong emotions, deserving strong words.

Linda Reeder said...

Profound words! I shared a book today too.

Just Ramblin' said...

Love the statement "To protect what is wild is to protect what is gentle." I believe that is true. Thanks for sharing! Nola

dianasfaria.com said...

this sounds wonderful. I must get this now!