Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Housewarming Giftie


I was so excited to receive


that, as soon as I downloaded it, I couldn't resist making one.

I didn't even stop what I was doing!
I just dug out my 1-1/2" strip bag,
dumped it onto the floor,
chose and cut my strips to length,
and fed the project right in with the block I was already chain piecing.
In no time at all, I had a finished block, 
and an almost finished house!

The possibilities are endless.
They scream to be fun and fanciful,
but my friend is a serious, no-nonsense gal,
from the prairies of western Canada,
who just bought a house overlooking the harbor.



So, I made her a fun, no-nonsense Housewarming Giftie!
The back is a pocket, perfect for tucking a card.

This, despite the distractions outside my sliding glass door.

Female Hairy Woodpecker-check out that tongue!

I also couldn't resist Stephanie's Prairie Tote any longer,


and it's next up at my sewing machine!
I'm auditioning fabrics now.
I love Stephanie's patterns and have purchased and made
so many of her 'creations' over the years,
that she has her own notebook on my crafts bookshelf!



A big thank you to Stephanie for keeping them coming!!


20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sweet that you gifted your gift. :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well I blush that I have my own place on your shelf of goodness. :o) Thank you for your kind words and enthusiasm. Now...that is a fantastic house and I think the fun in the pattern is customizing especially for the recipient. I can't wait to see your Prairie Tote. I enlarged the bird photo...gorgeous. I've never heard of a hairy woodpecker. The most fascinating woodpecker I've seen and heard in person is a pilated. HUGE and LOUD.

Roy Norris said...

A well captured shot of the tongue Karen.

Lesley said...

Your little gift ice is wonderful...she will love it! Thank you for introducing a new designer to me...I love all her patterns and will hope to make a few! Her totes are gorgeous!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, your friend is going to be thrilled with her gift. It's gorgeous! Stephanie's tote is very pretty also. I also love that photo of the female Hairy Woodpecker. Great capture!

Thanks for stopping by with your heartwarming and very sweet comments about my father-in-law's D-Day trip. We are all so proud of him and of all our Vets.

Sheila said...

What a wonderful gift , she will love it . Can't wait to see the tote you create with that great pattern . Great photo of the woodpecker , we have a few here as well , love them :-)

Karen Ackva said...

I just love a project that you have to jump into and not stop until its finished! It looks great!

Just Ramblin' said...

You always find the fun-est(is that a word)things to do. These are darling little gift ideas and I think your friend will love it. What a great snapshot of the woodpecker. Nola

hetty said...

Cute house! What a wonderful gift! The woodpecker is cute too. But her tongue, well, not so much.

Fiona said...

how fun is your house for housewarming gift...great choice... that bag looks awesome too...
Hugz

Sondra said...

LOVELY goodies!!Your talent continues to inspire me every time I read your blog I want to sew...I only wish my hands would work so I could sew--*SIGH* maybe one day if I keep trying to remaster the art of being handy it will return!!

Barb said...

What fun and I always enjoy your nature pictures.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift , she will love it......
I love the Woodpecker photo!!
Hugs
Deborah

Debbie said...

I am truly loving those gift ideas. I really like the tote bags, also. It looks like you fussy cut the middle perfectly, which is so fun! And distractions are wonderful. I have a tiny backyard with four feeders, and one more coming, as the hummingbirds are fighting all the time. I love them!

Teresa in Music City said...

What sweet houses! Your friend will be so delighted :) It's fun to find a pattern that is both easy and packs a POW! I have a few of those books by Stephanie too - that bag will be awesome!

Carrie P. said...

cute!
I agree that Stephanie has some super patterns.

Rambling Woods said...

Love it all..including that tongue!

Lin said...

Great gift and superb woodpecker picture. xx

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a darling little house pattern. You sure share your mad sewing skills by giving away a lot of stuff!

Vickie said...

The harbor house gift is just perfect !