Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

What's New?


My migration from Nova Scotia to TX
was successful and relatively uneventful,
but it has taken some time for my mojo to return.

While en route, I joined my little sister and brother-in-law
in the search for a rare bird spotted in Maine.
We had success!
#328 on my life list.


Meet the Townsend's Solitaire,
a member of the thrush family, and
the only solitaire native to America north of Mexico.

Townsend

As you can see from this map,
he was a long, long way from home!!


I think this snowy, cold environment
was a little more than he bargained for!
I concur,
but it's not much warmer down here in TX at the moment!

What else is new?

There's a new blog hop coming to town,


and I'm very proud to be a part of it.
I hope you'll join us.
To view the full schedule,
visit Pat at
Life in the Scrapatch

Life in the Scrapatch

and you will see that
I'll be keeping company with some
pretty fantastic quilter/bloggers
to support women worldwide
who are battling breast cancer.

A big thank you to Madam Samm
at  Sew We Quilt,
and to Pat for being our wonderful cheerleader.


18 comments:

Debbie said...

What fun!!! I am glad you are getting settled and starting a new hop!

Sheila said...

How interesting to find this rare bird out of its comfort zone ;-) Can't wait to see what you created for the hop . Pretty cold here today I can tell you :-(

Carrie P. said...

a very pretty song this bird sings.
Looking forward to see your contribution to the blog hop.

Vickie said...

I'm glad to you joined in the hop fun. I am not in this one ... Go figure ! It's going to warm up soon here in Texas....I hope you'll get to stay through April, with all the rain we've had the wild flowers soon be gorgeous this year. Spring time is the prettiest time in Texas !

Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen said...

Welcome to Texas... Wish I were going to be in Texas longer. I'm migrating north to Chicago IL area due to hubby's job transfer. Vickie is right, the wildflowers in March and April are breathtaking!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! Lovely to tick one off your list and seeing it must have been wonderful. Love little birds. Enjoy your slightly warmer migration x

Karen Ackva said...

I love your enthusiams for birds and nature. Have fun wuth the blog hop! Good luck too! Btw, the new tax laws don't affect me too much since I live in the EU. There is a mini one stopp shop that takes care of it for you. ;-)
Hugs, karen

Judy said...

Wow, 328 birds on your list! I love seeing your bird photos and reading what you write about them. Enjoy the blog hop!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Well that bird life-list is sure getting big. Yay for you to have documented all these sitings. Glad you're where it's a little warmer. Hope you're enjoying yourself.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Grin....it's starting to warm up a little in Texas.

Allie said...

Ooh what a pretty little birdie!!!! I hope it warms up for you -

Bob Bushell said...

I love the Townsend's Solitaire, beautiful Karen.

Sondra said...

A wonderful bird!! I would love to have it on my life list!! Glad you arrived safe n sound!

Unknown said...

I love seeing your bird photos! Enjoy the blog hop...
Hugs, Deborah

Binsa said...

Hi Karen, I throughly enjoy your posts. Kind Regards, O'faigh

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos! It always amazes me how far those birds can fly! I have learned of another bird today, as this is the first time I have seen a picture of it. Thanks for that. A little beauty! Have fun with the blog hop.

Melissa said...

Beautiful bird! Can't wait to see what you make for the blog hop!

FAB said...

Congrats on the lifer Karen.