Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

QuiltCon Revisited


Quilt Con was great!



Upon arriving, we had to register, of course.
The delightful lady at the registration booth
recognized my name as soon as
my ticket was ejected from the machine,
introduced herself as Julie, The Crafty Quilter,
and opened her arms for a welcoming hug.
What a way to start my morning!

Speaking of Julie,
in November, she had a fun quilt along
that I couldn't participate in because I was in migration.
The Nordic Mini Quilt Along
has been at the top of my list to make
once settled, and I have the first two rows completed.




Back to Quilt Con.....
there were so many quilting celebrities there.
Amy Garro, Victoria Findlay Wolf, Jenny Doan....and more,
but the highlight of my adventure 
was meeting up with Linda of Flourishing Palms!




She is just as sweet and perky and lovable
as she appears to be in her blog!




Here she is, in all her glory, beside one of her beautiful entries,
and donning her cute, little selvedge edge skirt
and matching bag.
Don't ya love it?
She spent the entire morning volunteering as a white glove lady,
tirelessly hobnobbing with the public.
When we met for lunch around 2:00,
she was still just as bubbly and perky as if she'd just started her day.
I, on the other hand, was almost totally drained!

And now a tour of quilts, beginning with Linda's other beautiful entry:






There were so, so many more gorgeous quilts
that just took my breath away.
Seriously, pictures just don't do them justice.

Many of the vendors booths were just as much fun.
Some had crafty projects for charity,




others had crafty projects for fun,
and many hosted games and prizes,
and then there were some that were just beautiful!

We strolled through the vendor sale booths, too,
but I chose not to purchase anything.
They were just too crowded.

My only disappointment was the lack of products
for sale featuring QuiltCon...
no totes, no mugs or cups,
only t-shirts that read  "QuiltCon" across the little capped sleeves.
Cute, but youthful looking and awfully small.

 I'd like to take this opportunity
to thank my CraftyDaughter
for taking me on this amazing quilt adventure.



30 comments:

eileeninmd said...

The Quilt Con looks like a great time, meeting up with your quilting buddies and seeing all the lovely quilts and products.. Thanks for sharing your day!

TexWisGirl said...

some really cool and funky designs! glad you got to meet up with some sweet on-line friends!

Raewyn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! How cool that you could meet bloggy friends and spend the day looking at quilts - bet you are well inspired now!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad that you enjoyed yourself and shared photos - so nice to run into bloggers that you recognized or recognized you :)

Allie said...

All right, this is going on my list of quilting destinations - what FUN and what gorgeous quilts!!! Thanks for sharing this!

Linda said...

OMG! What gorgeous quilts! And you must have been just thrilled to meet your online friends. I can imagine you were tired at the end of the day from all the excitement. I know I would be. The quilt photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I am going back to look at them again. I will be hoping to get all the details next time we get together. hugs

Julie G. said...

Sounds like a fun event! It's amazing how many creative, gifted, talented people there are in the world. I hope your were inspired!

Judy said...

That sounds like a great time! It was wonderful seeing the quilts and hearing about your visit. It was nice seeing photos of you, too ;-)

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a wonderful day and well spent with your daughter and fellow crafty folks.

hetty said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day. Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing. Loved the photos of you.

Sondra said...

Amazing quilts--function and beauty all rolled into one--I know you enjoyed yourself--Great to see you in the photos too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for taking us along with you; I loved every bit of what you;ve shared here. Meeting up with bloggy friends in real life is such a happy experience; so glad that you were able to make those connections! The quilts and vendor booths you posted here are so happy and vibrant, I just know that you left inspired! What a blessing to enjoy all of this with your daughter! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I bet u did have the best day x

Lesley said...

Fabulous pics for us! I almost feel like I was there, you gave us such a good quilty experience! Love hearing that you met more blogger friends in person. That selvedge skirt is too cute!

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at QuiltCon! Looks like you both had an amazing time. The quilts sure are beautiful :) And to meet up with other bloggers is fantastic!

jacquie said...

so happy to know you started your experience with a welcoming hug! thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

Nope, I didn't see you there :(

Lin said...

Sounds like a great adventure - glad you enjoyed it. xx

QuiltShopGal said...

looks like great fun. Thanks for sharing. Next best thing to attending.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Karen Ackva said...

Oh, that looks so exciting! Thank you for the short tour! I loved it! Maybe there will be more QuiltCon items fir sale in the future...it keeps griwing ang growing!

walk2write said...

I think the fellowship we experience at gatherings like this are the best part of them. You seem to have noticed it too. The "eye candy" of those quilts is hard to ignore, though:)

Kerstin said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daugther . Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. Some great Quilts to look at .

Unknown said...

Ohhh!WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pictures dear Karen!
Hugs, Deborah

Carrie P. said...

that is so cool that you got to meet Linda. I read her blog.
Some really neat quilts.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh Karen, it was just as wonderful for me to meet you! You're a lovely person, inside and out. It's so nice of you to share my quilts and skirt in this post. My special thanks to your daughter for bringing you to the show and making sure you had a nice time. Not being a quilter herself, I'm sure she put herself out... as did my own daughter-in-law, a non-quilter, who attended the show with me on Sunday afternoon. Your friend - another Linda - has visited my QuiltCon blog posts too, and is anxious to talk with you in person about your experience. Between us, we have likely generated interest in future QuiltCons!

Julie Cefalu said...

Karen, I'm just getting caught up with my blog reading, and it was such a nice surprise to see our picture together here! I really enjoyed meeting you in person and wish we could have spent more time together. I would love a copy of that picture (or I can save it directly from your blog post). Thanks for mentioning me and the Nordic Mini QAL. Your progress looks amazing! I'm glad you're getting settled in.

Simone de Klerk said...

How lovely to see you and your daughter going to such a wonderful event together! And so nice to actually see you! Hope we will be able to meet one day!

Di said...

Thank you for this fabulous round-up of your Quiltcon experience, Karen. Loved your pictures too. How exciting it must have been to meet up with quilters you know from the internet, especially my friend Linda who ran a 5 week Stitchin' Mission course for beginner quilters 6 years ago at our church (yes, here in Sydney, Australia!).

Lynette said...

How fun to meet Linda :D She really is sweet and perky and caring in her blog interactions, isn't she?

Sugar Free Quilts said...

Thanks for "linking me up" with this post! I almost felt like I was there...your photos and stories are an inspiration!!