Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

This and That


Autumn is a difficult time of year for me to begin anything new,
and it's sew hard not to!
But this is when I have to focus on finishing up everything
I started during the summer to get ready to travel south.

Elm Street Quilts is hostessing Bag It!
and I love making bags.
Hop on over and check out all of Patty's tutorials
for some gift giving ideas.
Be sure to scroll through her posts so you don't miss a thing!
Maybe you will even win some excellent prizes!

If you hurry,
you can sign up for EasyPatchwork's
but the deadline is today.

I'd like to congratulate the winners
of my Free Spirit Fabrics solids give away.
The random number generator chose
Sheila, author of Sheila's Quilt World
and The Lueken Family 
to each receive a jelly roll.
Sunny (Quilting Dreams) and Lynn (Hey Boo)
were the lucky recipients of the charm packs.
Everyone has been notified
and some have already received their prizes.
I wish I could have sent a prize to everyone!
That said, it was so much fun, let's do it again soon.

I'll be back, maybe with some pictures!
Although life has gotten in the way, but on a positive note,
I have been sewing a little.

Have a wonderful, funderful day!
XO,
Karen




23 comments:

Sondra said...

We are both up early...Im enjoying a cup of coffee and checking on my blog friends...sounds like you are getting ready for your fall migration!! Happy planning and sewing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations to your winners! I find it very hard to focus on finishing projects sometimes - sometimes I just want to start more tops!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

Your fall migration ? - where do you go to? I have a vision of you flying off like the swallows with a back pack on

Bernie Kringel said...

Doesn't it seem like you just traveled north a few days ago? Passage of time is wickedly fast these days.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, abig congrats to the lucky winners .

Binsa said...

Congrats to the winners Karen.....thank you for the links

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congrats to the winners.
I have other friends that divide their year between the north and the south and I am always amazed how they can pack up and go twice a year. xx, Carol

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to all of your winners. I have been following all of the great bags. They have so many wonderful ones this year.

sunny said...

Thank you so much for my lovely prize package!!!! I am the queen of light colors, and they are just beautiful. When does you migration occur?

Maria said...

Congratulations to all the winners ... lots of great links to check out Karen thank you...

Lin said...

Congratulations to your lucky winners and thanks for the links. When are you off to the south? xx

Louise said...

Where do you go in the winter? Do you take your fabric with you?

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I can hardly believe how the summer has flown, and you will fly with it. Lots of luck finishing off your projects, and enjoy your planning for next time.

Fiona said...

there is always a want to start new projects I think.....

Hugz

FlourishingPalms said...

I sure understand about not wanting to start anything new... or not being able to right now. You do have to look at what is "travelable." Your giveaway was lovely, and I'm happy for the winners who will get to start a new UFO! :-) Take care of yourself!

Createology said...

Winners congratulations to all. Happy you are able to get some sewing done. Life has gotten in my way of late and I am missing my creativity. Enjoying Autumn and Beatiful Sunny Weather.

Karen said...

I have three flimsies that I can send to you to finish.😀 I enjoy making little bags too.

Anonymous said...

So when are you going again? I miss that call of the wild when we were traveling. LOL Congratulations to the winners.

Simone de Klerk said...

Congrats to the winners! So lovely, that this giveaway was devided among 4 fabric-lovers!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Good luck getting everything ready for your travel down south. The great thing about online friends is that you're connected no matter where they are. Send warm weather back home!!!

Judy said...

I hope that your travels go well! Lucky duck, Sheila, for being your winner. I'm sure that she will make something lovely with the fabrics.

Stay safe,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip south and we'll look forward to seeing updates. Congrats to the winners and especially my friend, Sheila.

Sheila said...

Thanks for making me one of the lucky winners , I love the fabrics. I will have to check out the link as I love to make bags. Hope all is going well . Can't believe it is almost time for travelling again 😥