Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prince Edward Island Bound



An oasis of gentle beauty.

Finally called my name after 8 years of living in the maritimes.
My journey began as a walk-on on the ferry
from Pictou, NS.


Encumbered with luggage, I anchored myself to one spot for the
1.25 hour journey across the
Northumberland Strait.



A distant lighthouse came into view, as I watched
the Northern Gannets dive for their lunchtime snack.



A bouy, out in the middle of nowhere,


provided safe harbor to this wayward cormorant.

Elsewhere around me was the hustle and bustle
of the other passengers,
free to roam the boat
once they left THEIR luggage
 behind in their cars!




It was a warm and gorgeous day for a journey by sea.

Once upon a time, PEI was only accessible by ferry. 
Sadly, there is now a bridge that spans 9 miles,
connecting PEI to New Brunswick, changing the whole flavor
of the island. 

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Change is not always for the best. I've always wanted to visit the land of Anne of Green Gables. Please share more photos of your trip.

dianasfaria.com said...

I would love to visit there. This looks beautiful!

& thank you for your nice words about Priscilla -she is home and doing well!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh Karen, thank you so much for sharing your travels with us! I love your photos - especially the one with the bales of hay - I have a thing about them, not sure why! I find them enchanting and always have done!

Have fun sweetheart!!!
Vikki xoxoxo

clairz said...

I've been looking through your blog, enjoying the photos. This is a place I've always wanted to visit. Thank you for sharing your journey.