Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Quick Post

 
 
Many of you know I'm traveling,
enroute to TX to spend the winter with my daughter.
 
I've just concluded a lovely week in Maine with
Little Sister, The Fern Lady.
 
Am now in Massachusetts visiting friends
and family until Thursday,
when I fly south for
my annual migration.
 
Before I left the island,
I finished and mailed this gift.
It has been rec'd, so I can share now.
 
 
I made this especially for my long time blogging friend,
Nola, of Just Ramblin'.
You know how sometimes you just click with someone right away?
Well, Nola is one of the very first blogging friends I made
and it was one of those special, instant connections!!
It is 18" x 18".  I used a vintage linen table napkin for the stitchery
and center border.  The snowman is from a Christmas Stitch-along
 that Lesley from SewHappy.Me hosted a few years back.
 
My time on the computer has been spotty.
It's difficult to keep up with blogs while traveling,
but I'm doing my best!  I hate to miss anything!
 
Have a great week.
Stay warm and stay safe,
karen


23 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Such a pretty piece, Karen. It's so sweet. And even sweeter of you to thoughtfully make it for a long-distance friend. You're nice like that.

I love how blogging and the internet connect us like this. Now I'm connecting even more on Instagram. My best friends are in the virtual world!

Linda Reeder said...

What a lovely gift! Safe travels.

Kay L. Davies said...

I'll bet Nola loves it, Karen. It's lovely.
I hope you have a super winter with your daughter, with good visits enroute.
Season's Greetings!
K

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Karen, Nola must have been delighted with this special gift. It is beautiful! Happy traveling!

Terry said...

I just saw this on Nola's blog...it's just beautiful! Have a safe trip! :0)

Roy Norris said...

Well "Little Bird", I hope your migration flight goes well and you reach your intended Winter destination safely.{:))

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your stitching is beautiful and I can't think of any better gift than the gift of friendship. Safe travels.

Sondra said...

I know Nola is grinn-n from ear to ear to receive such a lovely Christmas gift!! Its so exciting to be traveling I'm sure...I can't wait for my road to straighten so I can take off to new places!! Those wintering birds in TX are waiting...enjoy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is very cute - I need to start looking for these redwork Christmas embroidery patterns - cute - have a safe trip.

Montanagirl said...

That is truly a beautiful gift - from the heart - the best kind. I really like your header.

TexWisGirl said...

what a sweet gift! bless you in your travels. may you have safe miles to texas without delay or surprises.

Lois Evensen said...

What a beautiful gift.

Safe travels!

Hugs,
Lois

Just Ramblin' said...

Thanks again, Karen. I was and am thrilled with the wall hanging. The workmanship is beautiful and I feel so blessed to be the recipient of such a lovely gift. Be safe traveling. Nola

Carrie P. said...

a very sweet gift.
enjoy your travels and have a very Merry Christmas.

Fiona said...

What a lovely gift for Nola.... it's beautiful....
Happy travels...
Hugz

Paula, the quilter said...

A very special gift for a special friend, indeed.

Vickie said...

It's cold here in Texas too !

Carole said...

You're amazing! So creative. Enjoy your time in Texas! And best wishes for 2014.

Sheila said...

Lovely gift for your friend . I hope you have safely arrived in Texas now , take care and talk soon. Hugs Sheila

Binsa said...

Hi Karen, loved seeing your gift for your friend...safe travelling...hugs lyn

Raewyn said...

What a beautiful gift! How lucky Nola is :-) I love the quote and sentiments from your previous post too. (I've got behind in blogland lately, it's nice to be feeling that I'm catching up again!)

Our photos said...

Beautiful Karen!
We wish you a Merry Christmas,
RW & SK
(Sonnja)

eileeninmd said...

A lovely gift for your friend! I am sure it will be treasured!

Wishing you safe travels and a very merry Christmas!