Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Be Still my Beating Heart


Early every morning, I sit quietly with my cup of coffee and take a lovely scroll through Quiltland, checking blogs, following links, literally falling down the rabbit hole.  I am an early morning person and this jaunt really motivates and inspires me, and sometimes gets my quilting juices bubbling so rapidly, I don’t even finish my coffee before I’m sitting at my sewing machine, stitching away.  


Luna Lovequilts - Flashback - A Memphis style quiltYesterday morning,
during my leisurely scroll
down Piecemaker Lane,
I saw this quilt
by Luna Lovequilts
and the needle on
my Quilt Meter went berserk! 
It made my head spin. 



Even if you aren't into modern quilts,
you'll want to pop over to
not only to
check this out and see a full size picture,
but to read about her inspiration.

Way to go, Sophie!
You've nailed it!
Good luck with your QuiltCon submission!

XO,
Karen


20 comments:

Sheila said...

Looks like an amazing quilt , love the colours !

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the way she quilted this

Christine B said...

I agree Karen.... it is a beautiful quilt and quilted beautifully too! Christine xx

kiwikid said...

That is an amazing quilt, hope your heart has settled 😆😆

Bob Bushell said...

Amazing quilt, I love it Karen.

Sondra said...

Really a pretty one!

Pink Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernie Kringel said...

well, you have piqued my interest. heading over to check this quilt out now!!

Lin said...

Thanks for the link Karen - it is a beautiful quilt. xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen what a wonderful quilt I can see why you love it .

FlourishingPalms said...

Thanks for pointing me to Sophie's blog. That quilt is definitely QuiltCon-worthy! I truly hope it's juried into the show. There will be SO much competition for this 2019 show! With entries like Sophie's I will not be surprised when mine aren't accepted.

Susan said...

Thanks for the heads up and link. So are you making something inspired by this now? =)

Ioleen said...

It’s a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing the link.

Fiona said...

Fabulous quilt... have you started yours???
Hugz

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love Sophie's art, she always has great inspiration!

Cheryl said...

Wow, thanks for posting about this quilt, I love it!

Allie said...

I'm online early in the morning as well - then the computer goes off for the rest of the day. Rabbit hole indeed!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I see why you love that quilt Karen. I like the very modern feel of it and the way she did the quilting. I understand falling down the rabbit hole....I'm there with you! :)

Nann said...

It is an outstanding design! (And thanks for the link to that Sophie (not the Block Lotto Sophie). I enjoyed the side-by-side English/French. "Mur de conception" = design wall. I may rename mine.)

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, blogland never fails to inspire does it?! Enjoy your fall down the Rabbit hole!